Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fingerpaint Gel Nails............

Well I finally made the time to paint my toesies with the new kit that I bought. I am so pleased with the results. I forgot to look at the color, but I believe it's Passion for P-Ink. It's a very light glittery pink. I did this for breast cancer awareness month. Above you can see the beautiful job the salon tech did on my nails. And because I got French I was charged $40. As a nail polish lover you can see how this might have upset me. So, as I said in my previous post I went to Sally's and bought the Fingerpaint gel kit. I already have my own UV light so I just had to pay around $45 for the kit and an extra $15 for a bottle of color polish. The process was pretty simple, and didn't take that long. And here is what it looks like. Shiny perfection! I love it! However I get bored with my polish pretty quick. So I tried to take it off. I have read and seen others do it with pure acetone. So even though I had the bottle of gel remover with the kit I figured I would just go straight for the good stuff, after all this is glitter polish! SO I soaked them with a cotton swab wrapped in foil for 25 minutes. Unbelievable! It didn't budge! It wasn't even softened by this. So I thought maybe you have to use their 'special' gel polish remover (acetone). Once again, I soaked my swabs and wrapped them around my nail with foil. And wouldn't you know it, stuff is still shiny and hard! And shiny, OMG....... I would have to scrape this off with a razor blade I'm afraid. Maybe I did it wrong, maybe there was a secret in those directions I tossed... I don't know. But I will have to pay someone to take this off now! I will let you know how this turns out! #frustrated Happy Painting ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment