Monday, August 29, 2011

Great weekend!

This was a very productive weekend! I am posting pictures of my practice with acrylic paints from Friday. Just getting the feel of them, so it wasn't anything huge.



Then Saturday I went to a local flea market and found this.....


I was so excited. I have been wanting a Konad stamp set for a long time, but didn't want to pay the money.I didn't really save much since this kit cost me $45, but I didn't have to pay for shipping and handling. AND, my hubby bought it for me because he liked it! So it was a win~win! I got black, white and red paint and these plates....





So you know I had to play with them! The first thing I did was put volley balls on my daughter's nails. She is going through the last day of tryouts today and I thought it would be cute. I didn't take pics because it was horrible ;) The balls were all over the place and half of them didn't transfer the image completely. But hey, it was my first time. I did, however take a picture of mine. Not that they're any better, but I have to have something to compare to when I'm whipping out beautiful nails later! So here is what I ended up with....(remember, I'm not showing these because I'm proud!)


It was fun, but odd at first. Once you press the stamp down on the plate and transfer it to your nail it's like it instantly dries. And it's like a sticker almost....which is why regular nail polishes didn't work, I know...I tried! I will keep trying different brands though. I like that after you are done and put a top coat on you can just wash the excess polish off your cuticles with water. I used my nails and lightly scratched under running water and it came right off. So no messy manicures!
Well that's all for now. I am going to e-bay and search Google to see if I can't find a cheaper place to get plates and polishes!
Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment